ARKANSAS BAPTIST COLLEGE
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
The following INCLEMENT WEATHER policy will be enforced by Arkansas Baptist College for administrators, faculty, staff and students
in cases of severe or threatening weather, weather related or campus emergencies.
1) The decision to close the campus or dismiss classes rests solely with the President, Dr. Fitz Hill or in case of his absence, Billy Owens, Exec. V.P. & CFO.
2) Once the decision has been made, this information is given to
The College Relations Director and Associate Director of PR and Marketing office who will notify the media (Television and radio stations) who will post and announce the open/close status of the college by 7:00 AM (the morning of the closure ) or as soon as possible after the decision has been made.
We will also post our status on the our website (www.arkansasbaptist.edu) on the “Emergency Info” page under the “About” tab
Note for Dept. Heads: Please make sure that the College Relations
Office and Mr. Owens office has all current email addresses and
cell or home phone numbers on file in case you need to be
contacted. Otherwise, information will be sent to your ABC email
3) FYI: The College Relations Director and Associate Director of PR and Marketing have been given a codeword from each TV/Radio station to prevent students or other unauthorized persons from calling in false information. The College Relations Director and Asst. Director of PR and Marketing are the only staff members that are authorized to call the local media to notify them of our status. Stations will not post the open/close status of the college unless the correct codeword is given.
4) All ABC personnel and students are asked to check local TV/radio
stations by 7 AM in regards to campus closings.
5) For more information, please contact Terri Clark at